Sunday, November 30, 2014

Impressionism

Rolling Hills of Virgini
8x10 oil on canvas mounted on
foamcore board
Watercolor on treated watercolor paper
with gesso

Now that the year is coming to an end, and  looking back so that
I can go forward, there are some choices to be made.
Which on line website would be the best to show my work, what art organizations should
I join., and galleries, there are so many possibilities.

As for these two paintings, the Rollings Hills was done this past August and the second was done 2 years ago, which
won an award.  It's only a 5x7 watercolor, but because of the treated surface it was  very time
consuming  layering the paint, mistakes were easily erased.

I do love impressionism and have been a fan of the 19th Century Impressionist, but due to blogging
some of my fellow bloggers have introduced me to the English artist of today.  David Curtis, Brian Ryder
and Robert Brindley.

So it is fair to say my art education has been from the wonderful artist from the past and living,  We are very
fortunate to live in a time where we have access to the internet the vast world of wonderful
artist.  Happy Painting Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think you would have a problem with a Gallery representing your work, Joan! These two paintings are so beautifully painted!! The watercolor is absolutely beautiful!!! It's hard to believe that it's only a 5x7 painting.....!! I will be checking out the English Artists ....Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda, for now I am jumping all over the place trying different techniques and different mediums. Eventually I will start focusing on actual paintings that can be shown. But for now I am just having fun. Hope you and your family are enjoying this busy time of the year. Don't you just love this season. Even though the children are grown, it's wonderful to see Christmas through my grandchildren's eyes. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. HI my friend.
    I like the way you spread your skills at painting Joan. As Hilda said, The two paintings are tops. The top one is brilliant, the other one is good. Your dog paintings are really lovely and different. You will have`to do a portrait of Monet. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I am certainly spreading myself, A Joan of All Trades and Mistress of None. lol. Vic, just enjoying every bit of painting and drawing. I agree, Monet is one of my top priorities for the new year. Have a great day. Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi my friend.
    Joan, I have had a second look at these paintings and i have come to the conclusion that the second painting is also brilliant. I don`t know how i missed it. I can`t say which of them i like the most, if i could, i would say i would pick the second one. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend, you are so very kind. The second is Mike's favorite and to honest is looks better in person. I couldn't get a get the right colors in the photo. Thank you for liking the second better.
      All the best to you and Rosemary,
      Joan

      Delete