Monday, November 24, 2014

Spreading My Wings

cardinal study in gouache on paper
copper pot and zinnia study in gouache
on Strathmore tinted paper

I never paint birds, maybe once a long time ago.  While going through the reference photos
on Wet Canvas, thought it would be a good time to start spreading my own wings and start
painting various subjects.  I always loved cardinals, not that I would go near one, ashamed to admit, one of
my phobias, fear of birds.  Silly isn't it, maybe if I paint birds it will help to conquer this silly phobia.
Happy Painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Love your cardinal Joanie, strikingly beautiful!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I appreciate your support, you are the expert on birds. It was great talking to you last night.

      Delete
  2. Hi my friend.
    Both paintings are brilliant. I hope seeing my Robin encouraged you to paint your Cardinal Joan. If you paint more Birds, it probably will help you get over the fear of Birds. My fear is Spiders. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend, your Robin was my inspiration to attempt painting birds. Vic, ever since we started blogging your work as inspired me to attempt so many different subjects. Thank you for your continued support and the education you provide just by your postings. All the best to you and Rosemary.

      Joan

      Delete