Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ending the Year with David Dunlop

watercolor on primed paper
For Sale
$45.00 plus shipping
If interested you can contact me at
jsicig@gmail.com

As you know I have been enjoying David Dunlop's latest dvd's
Landscape Through Time Season 2.  He is an amazing artist and wonderful
teacher.  Studying Turner via David, there was so much that I didn't know
about Turner and I have a new found appreciation for his work.

This again is a watercolor, this time on 140lb. cold press Bockingford.
primed with acrylic varnish before applying the paint, leaving the
surface erasable.  Don't care for the yupo paper a little too slick for
my liking.

Next I will continue probably the same scene in oil, keeping up with both
mediums.  Then  it is on to Winslow Homer and studying waves.

Happy Painting Everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I don't want to miss wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas .. don't know if I'll be blogging the next few days as I have my dear friends down here for a few weeks..
    You are so brave with your paintings.. always trying something new... and you do it so well !!
    hugs, and yes, Happy Painting.. on to the next year..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you BJ and the same to you, enjoy your friends visit. Until next year.

    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend.
    You have done it again, another winner. This is a fine painting Joan, plenty of foreground, which is very hard to depict. This has a nice composition also. Keep going my friend. Have a nice Christmas all of you. All the best
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vic,

    Sorry I didn't see it earlier. Thank you so much for the very kind words.

    All the best to you my friend,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete