Friday, January 30, 2015

30 Day Challenge, The End

5x7 oil on canvas panel
Crab Meadow Beach

This is the last of the 30 day challenge,
It has been an experience and I am so happy it is over.
Now I can take my time and perhaps go back and
tweak some of the paintings started.

Today will be spent in my studio, it is snowing once again, although
they  are predicting just a coating of an inch, not so bad.
It is winter after all, oh to be young again, to be happy just to play in
the snow.   Now I have a new way of enjoying the white stuff, from
my window and yes, drawing and painting what  Mother Nature is
dishing out to us, it's always a surprise from day to day.

One of my favorite books, it's almost  like a bible to me, that I have
referred to through out the years of painting that is The Artist's Way,
by Julia Cameron.  She writes about paying attention , " The capacity for
delight is the gift of paying attention" That quote stands out in my
mind for today.  
Happy Painting everyone.

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous landscape to end your challenge with, Joan! Congratulations on many beautiful paintings. .( you did good!!! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda, I am so waiting for the warmer weather. Hope all is well with you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Congrats Joan. YOU DID IT ! I've just been able to get back onto my blog after having Google trouble... now I play catch up ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BJ. Sorry to hear about Google, and have a wonderful up and coming show. All the best to you.

      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi my friend, Yippee, you have finished. Lovely landscape Joan. Now you can settle down and produce some master pieces. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes my friend yippee, it's over and never again. I don't know about master pieces, but anything I can do is always a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. All the best to you, Joan

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! A beautiful painting for your finish. I have enjoyed seeing all your work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, for the very kind comment. All the best to you, Joan

      Delete
  5. My goodness, Joan, you certainly have been turning them out like a production line, and maintaining the high quality. This one is typical you a great landscape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, thank you for the lovely comment. Not sure about the high quality, but I am happy it's over. All the best to you, Joan

      Delete
  6. Love this of Crab Meadow...can't wait to get back there. Great that you completed the challenge but I'm sure it will be great to get back to normal, without the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan, I can't wait to get back to painting outdoors again. And you are so right about getting back to normal. Love what you posted in your 30 day challenge. See you soon.

      Delete