Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 26, waiting for the Blizzard

5x7 watercolor on 140lb. Bockingford paper

Well here we are waiting for the  The Blizzard of 2015 headed right
for us here on Long Island.

First and foremost for all my fellow bloggers who will be in the
path of this mighty winter storm, please be safe and prepared.

Of course Mike and I, have all the necessities in the event of a power
outage.  We just went to WalMart for a fun item, a portable dvd player.
How can we live without tv.  Only joking I am sure we can think of
something.  We have the flashlights batteries and candles.

Hoping for this to be over soon, really want the warmer days to paint
outdoors.  But you know  what they say, lemons, make lemon aid.
I do have my mini paint box,  so I will go out and paint snow.
There it's all good.
Happy Painting Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. You're almost there Joan!! This is a beautiful landscape, once again!! We're waiting for the storm as well...luckily, John has off today and will be staying home tomorrow as well. .. I must have been crazy because we went shopping today..! Lines were pretty long.. it was as if it's the end of the World!!. After Sandy, I don't scare easily. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hilda, so happy you were spared this time around. Sandy was enough. We got hit with at least 24 inches, and thank goodness the wind wasn't that bad.
      See you soon and thank you for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. Thoughtful of you to let us know you will be safe and sound.
    I will look forward to seeing you paint snow.
    (Out of your window if you are smart!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, wow, how brave I was before the fact. Went out to shovel. Yes, I think painting from my window is good enough. Julie, I hope you can do the face book challenge. I nominated you, but if you are too busy, not to worry.
      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Hi my friend.
    I do hope you and Mike will be safe Joan. They can`t have a little snow so that you can paint it, it must be a blizard musn`t it? Lovely painting especially the sky. Stay safe Joan. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend for the lovely comment and concern. Mike, Monet and I are fine. We did get a blizzard with 24 inches of snow, and the wind wasn't that bad. Roads are still a mess, won't be going anyplace too soon. All the best to you.

      Joan.

      Delete