Thursday, March 5, 2015

Just for me

Staithes UK

Had to leave Long Island yesterday, couldn't take the snow and cold.  So, I jumped on the
Google express and went to Staithes.  Needed  desperately to see different sites.  I always
loved  the work of David Curtis and actually other wonderful artist from England.
While I enjoy painting the lovely places on Long Island, wanted a change and a scene
more challenging.  There are so many free photos on google and a joy to paint.
This is a work in progress, and probably won't show it, like I said it's just for me.

Tomorrow, North Norfolk, Edward Seago country.  Happy Painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Staithes is a well-painted village, and you do it justice. Don't for forget the West Coast of Wales (Fishguard) where I live!

    Looking for to N.Norfolk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend.
    Lovely painting Joan. It`s a well painted area, especially with David Curtis. Edward Seago, now you are talking Joan, the best. He is mostly Watercolour. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea Joan! Maybe I'll take a ride somewhere on google...lol this is a beautiful scene. I love the colors and the buildings showing their age.... Wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a way to get away!!! I like this. I am presently down in Myrtle Beach for a workshop...nice to be somewhere a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete