Friday, May 1, 2015

My Plein air Mini's

3x3" oil on canvas panel
Short Beach plein air
Short Beach Plein Air
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 canvas
oil

Had a wonderful day on Wednesday painting at Short Beach.  As usual I
come across an artist that truly inspires me to enjoy a new painting adventure.
That would be Joyce Washor.  I have just purchased 3 of her books on
miniature painting.  For years I have played with painting mini's but Joyce
goes beyond anything I have ever seen before, she paints miniature
masterpieces.  She is located on my side bar, take a look and enjoy.
Happy Painting everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful mini's Joan... I love how the second one is so loosely painted that it almost looks like a watercolor...really beautiful....and on such a small canvas!!! I visited Joyce Washor's work and you're right...she does beautiful work!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Hilda, these are great fun but also very frustrating. Trying to find the correct frames for the small mini's. Joyce recommended a framer, I will give him a call on Monday. Have a great weekend, hope to see you soon.

      Delete