Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Peony Painting

Peony from my garden
6x8 oil on canvas panel.

This is the time of year we need not look any further than our own back yard
Every June we are lucky to have this lovely white peony to bloom and bring back to
me memories of my father.  We had this bush since the seventies and it was moved
several times, each time we had a 3 year wait for the flower to bloom.

Now we have the perfect spot and without fail, every June I can go out
with paints and an easel and joy the plein air painting this flower. .

Happy Painting Everyone

6 comments:

  1. Hi my friend.
    This is a beautiful painting Joan. I wish that I could paint flowers like you do, i wish that i can paint flowers full stop. It`s great that you can paint them Plein air. I wish we had better weather so that i could go out more often. There is nothing like going out plein air is there? All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Yes, I do love painting outdoors, but it so very difficult. We went out on Wednesday and it was a gorgeous day, had fun with painting friends. Would love to get out more than once a week. But studio painting is so very important as well, don't you think? All the best to you. Joan

      Delete
  2. When my parents left New York to retire in Florida they gave me their Peony plants. That was over 40 years ago and they're still beautiful and produce gorgeous pink flowers!! Your painting is SO gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilda, yes, same story with my parents. They moved to Florida that's when my dad gave us the plant. I wish we had planted a pink one as well, love the pinks. Hope you are enjoying your summer. Have a funny story to tell you, will try to email you later. Have a great weekend. Joan

      Delete
  3. We've left our Peonies behind when we moved! So somebody else can enjoy them now, but at least I can enjoy your painting, Joan. The background really lifts the flower from the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, do hope all is well with you. See some activity on your blog , will pay you a visit. Peony is such a lovely flower, wish I had planted more of them. All the best to you. Joan.

      Delete