Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Plein air oil sketch

Arboretum sketch plein air
Last Wednesday's plein air with friends
5x7 oil on canvas panel
SOLD

It always scary and fun painting plein air.  You never know what to expect
everything seems to scream for attention.
What do we put in our painting and what do we eliminate. I think for me that
is so very difficult.  It can be quite overwhelming.  Well this was
last weeks effort.  I have been also doing some studies in the studio as well.
Tomorrow, we are off to the little Monet Bridge, in East Setauket, actually it is
know as the East Setauket Pond, but it does have a wooden bridge.
Happy Painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Another Sicignano classic! You keep turning out these brilliant paintings, Joan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanie, I love this! Makes me want to visit this beautiful, serene place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend.
    Another cracker Joan. Yes I would like to visit this place, alas, it is too far away. Lovely painting Joan.
    All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the statue against the background of the brick wall. The arboretum has so many wonderful places to sketch. Lovely job on this, Joan!

    ReplyDelete