Friday, August 21, 2015

James Gurney my Gouache in the Wild sketch rig

My James Gurney Gouache in the Wild Sketch rig
Lake Ronkonkoma , a gouache sketch

I have been fascinated by James Gurney blog, which can be found on my side panel.
I purchased 2 of  his digital videos.  Gouache in the Wild and Water color in the Wild.
He also gave instructions on his previous post on his blog how to make a sketch
pochade that is able to handle a palette and brushes and the 5x8 watercolor sketch pad.
All in all, it's a great learning experience and certainly easy to carry when venturing out
in the wild.  lol.  Well at the Lake we do have geese.
Happy Painting everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I can see the fascination with James Gurney's blog, Joan! He's amazing and so many interesting sites to go on. thanks for sharing.. I bought some watercolors to play with...I'll never post my work but I'll have fun working with it....lol
    Miss you, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too. We must get together and paint somewhere or just take photos. Enjoy playing with watercolors, can't imagine you having a problem with any medium. Take care and stay cool.

      Delete
  2. Hi my friend.
    Joan, I don`t know why you call these paintings a Sketch, they are paintings, and lovely paintings at that. What is this wild sketch rig?
    All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete