Monday, January 18, 2016

Barnes and Nobel Sketches

Gentleman sitting in front of me reading
Lady in plaid jacket reading
Mother waiting for her son to make up his mind
The Mystery Lady,
She was wearing a very fancy dress and winter jacket. 
Yesterday my friend Gina and I met at Barnes and Nobel book store.  We found a comfortable spot
to sketch the people reading.  A great way to practice life drawing.  I used my Rotring ArtPen and a water brush to do simple gesture sketches.  When I feel more confident I will attempt more solid drawings.  It's all about Practice, Practice, and Practice.  Did I mention it was also great fun.  We left just as the snow started.  Another delightful treat, our first snow of the year.  Happy Painting everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Bonsoir,

    J'aime beaucoup l'ensemble de ces croquis... Merci pour le patage.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you martinealison.
      All the best to you,
      Joan

      Delete
  2. Hi my friend.
    Yes, yes, and yes Joan. Practice, practice, and practice. It`s the only way to get there. Nice sketches Joan. Keep them coming my friend. all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend and I love what you just posted. Take care.
      Joan

      Delete
  3. Great idea to get out and do some people sketches. B&N is always a good place to do that...Starbucks too.

    ReplyDelete