Thursday, January 7, 2016

Short Beach #2


Today I did another Short Beach painting.  This time from my photo taken yesterday.  I used
Quality oil paints on a 5x7 canvas.  What we see in life and then try to capture the essence
On canvas is so very difficult.  Yesterday it was so magnificent to see the light glimmering on the frozen snow.  Color, tone, texture, atmosphere and trying to capture all of these elements is so challenging to say the least.  Well we will have many cold days ahead for me to get another chance to achieve this, and having a wonderful time playing with this gooey stuff called paint.  Happy painting everyone.


7 comments:

  1. Good morning John, I thank you so much for your kind words. All the best to you. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, all i can say about this painting is,Fantastic. You have got it.Keep them coming Joan. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my friend. All the best to you. Joan

      Delete
  3. Good morning John, I thank you so much for your kind words. All the best to you. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene Joan! Nice work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Hilda, good luck this week. All best to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete