Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Turners Palette

Sayville Marina Marsh
18x24 oil on canvas wip
my own palette 
Sayville Marina Marsh
Turner's palette
14x18 oil on canvas

So here it is February and I am in the mood to experiment.  I have become so very lazy working
on small size canvases, it is now so very challenging going bigger.  What I am very happy about is
that because of my miniature plein air pieces it is better to work from them, than a photo.
So that being said, these two painting were started  the first was yesterday, still so much to
to do on both, the second, even though they are both the Savyville Marina, I wanted to experiment using
Turners palette.   Hopefully they both will be ready for the up an coming shows.
Happy Painting everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my friend.
    Joan, this is a wonderful painting. Your Palette is the best. It gives you more depth. Well done Joan. We had Tinkerbell over the weekend. She is lovely. All the best Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Still working on developing better tonal contrast. So happy you and Rosemary had your little Tinkerbell over the weekend. I am sure you both had your hands full, and loved every minute of her visit. All the best to you. Joan

      Delete