Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I painted this 10x12 using acrylics, on mdf board.  This time using only the primary colors.  It's a great way to learn about color and all that can be achieved with only the three colors.  It is 5:50 am and just sitting here thinking what to paint today. Happy painting everyone. I should add, this is just day 1 of this study. It is a wip, and the painting looks darker in this photo.  It is a lot softer in tones. Oh well, I will try to take a better photo.
primary colors

4 comments:

  1. Oh! my friend. This it a first class still life Painting. I would say full marks here Joan. All the best to the three of you.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend, you do wonders for my confidence. Your kind words of support and encouragement are so very appreciated. All the best to you and Rosemary.

      Delete
  2. Joan, you are prolific in all mediums.. The longer I know you the more I find out .
    I am so wanting to do acrylic, but deathly afraid of it as I worked with it many years ago... But I may brave it.. but not at 5:50 in the a.m. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BJ, please do try acrylic,it is so different from years ago. I think they improved the paints. Be brave my friend and give it a shot. Take care. Joan

      Delete