Sunday, October 2, 2016

Part of my Stradaeasel 30 day challenge

 
So these are just a few of the plein air paintings that were done during 
the challenge.  I now look forward to painting in the studio.  I think that is just as important.





A study of movement in the water

Sunken Meadow on a very windy day cloudy day

Sunken Meadow 
Little House on the lane.



Short Beach

These are just a few paintings done for the  30 day Strada easel challenge.  It was very interesting . The challenge was to go out and paint plein air for the 30 days.  My first thought was, I will never make it, but have to admit that it was very exciting.

Dealing with mother nature, and not knowing what to expect, weather wise.  We had some rain, wind and also very beautiful days.  On the summer like days, it was a different challenge, dealing with the heat, yellow jackets, they seem to love oil paint, but no harm, they don't sting.
The humidity had to be the worst of all, air quality is so important especially for someone my age.
So not complaints, what happened, I actually learned about color, light and how to see a little better.  It will be a life long adventure for me personally. But it is all a labor of love.

Coming back to blogging and working in the studio is also so very important, so sorry that I have been neglectful for so long.  Hoping to change all of that, I look forward to being a part of the blogging community once again.  Happy Painting everyone.

2 comments:

  1. These are totally brilliant. They choice of palette is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John, thank you so much for the lovely comment. All the best to you Joan.

    ReplyDelete