Thursday, November 17, 2016

And On The Third Day... I went back!

Sunken Meadow 6x8 oil on canvas panel
So, today was a lovely day at Sunken Meadow.  Painted with friends and the weather was perfect.  That being said, I feel it's necessary for me to confess, I Went Back To Facebook.  Sorry to say, for 3 days it felt like I didn't know what was going on sort  of feeling in the dark.  Isn't that sad?  But it is what it is, a sign of our times.  Everyone and their mother is on facebook.

One  good thing   came from not being on for 3 days, the realization that it is equally important to reach out to real friends in my world and which I did on Tuesday.  Very enjoyable painting with the artist in the library, and today painting with friends at Sunken Meadow.  So a balancing act is needed, nothing too extreme.

Happy Painting everyone.

5 comments:

  1. It is looking beautiful, Joan.
    About the Facebook. It is the catchall of our time. I cannot let myself go on it too much or it takes too much time away from my work, but I have friends who check it every hour. I guess we all find our own comfort level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting of sunken meadow.

    It was politics that finally convinced me to leave facebook. The national referendum that led to BREXIT (Britain exiting the European Union) brought out a ferocity between friends, realatives and generations on facebook that convinced me it was time to leave,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful painting Joan. You always find the perfect scenes to paint! I have family all over the country so this is why I stay on Facebook. To see some of the kids that I haven't seen in awhile makes me smile!!!! I don't do politics...I won't even read them because it has already ruined the relationship between some of my family which is so sad....it is what it is! I absolutely love the art in Facebook...to see what everyone paints is my morning inspiration!!!!! Enjoy your day, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting my friend. The water is fantastic. Glad you were out with friends. All the best to the three of you. We have tinker with us at the moment
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a love hate with facebook, too. It keeps us in touch with the good, the bad and the ugly. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete