Friday, March 24, 2017

Panel Board and masonite.

Working on background

Just playing with various techniques for the background of the apple pickers.  This also another panel board.  I tried to share the Roger Bansemer video on panel board as a substrate of oil and acrylic paintings.  Still very confused.  I have used archival canvas panel and gessoboard purchased from Blick Art supplies.   In the end, after more research I will probably used raymar panels which I have used as well.  In the meantime it is still bothering me, that so many professional artist use masonite, mdf and panel board.  Yet I do respect the professional artist such as Jim Serrett who do not like using this type of surface.  
http://thoughtco.com A guide to painting on wood or hardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment