Monday, June 5, 2017

Plein air at Fire Island

It was one of those perfect days weather wise.  Mike , Mo, and I went to the Fire Island Lighthouse
I painted from the upper deck looking down at the beach. 


I wanted to capture the clouds and had to turn my easel facing the opposite position from where
I started.  Took photos to finish this at home.  I wanted to work in acrylics which was
perfect for what I was painting.

This was my first sketch on mdf panel.  Love working with acrylics for painting wet over dry
using the acrylic varnish medium helped with the glazing .  Happy painting everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a beautiful day to paint. I love your second painting ... a wonderful acrylic piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. Just got notified from Fire Island Lighthouse my 2 paintings were accepted for the exhibit. Still have to email you.

      Delete
  2. Lovely painting my friend. Brilliant clouds. I love that bush tree just off centre. Spot on.
    All the best to the three of you Joan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete