Friday, July 28, 2017

West Lake Lily Pads

Really wanted to capture the lily pads while in bloom.  Found this lovely spot on the Island, West Lake.  Did a few studies, but want to continue with various colors and compositions.

Another study on canvas taped to foam board.  Painting on different  surfaces  creates such a  different look
I will continue to do more studies.  I am waiting for my daughter and the family to arrive.  It is 12:19 am, Mike has homemade pizza in the oven.  They should be here about 1am.

I do hope everyone is enjoying the summer.  It is going by so fast.  I look forward to doing more plein air painting once the children return home.  That helps me get over sad and lonely feeling once they leave.  

4 comments:

  1. Those lily pads are amazing in the first painting Joan. One of my very favorites of your paintings.. I love the way you added the darks in the foreground making the lilies pop out perfectly. Enjoy your family ...since my daughter recently had a stroke, it only confirms how precious life is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend Hilda, thank you so much for the lovely comment. How is your daughter doing. Hope all is well with you. Take care. Joan

      Delete
  2. Brilliant painting my friend. I agree with Hilda. The dark makes it pop. All the best Joan.
    . It's so sad about Hilda's daughter. God bless her.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend Vic, thank you for your constant support and encouragement it is so very appreciated. Yes, Hilda has had a rough time of it, she is such a trooper. God Bless her. And as for you, hope all is well with you and Rosemary. Take care. Your friend. Joan

      Delete